St Micheal’s Ukrainian Orthodox Church is the oldest surviving Ukrainian Church built in Canada.
Located along Provincial Road 209, it was established in 1899 by immigrants from western Ukraine. The church was in use until 1935 when a new church with the same name was built in Gardenton, Manitoba.
Currently, the church is surrounded by grass and oak trees with no settlements immediately around it. The church faces west and the sunset can be viewed from the church doorway.
The furniture decorating the church, including the tables, wooden benches and scripture stands, was all hand-carved.
St Micheal’s Ukrainian Orthodox Church was given historical status by the Province of Manitoba in 1986.
Location details are only available to members. Sign up now!
Latitude: 00.00000, Longitude: 00.00000